Saturday, September 15, 2012

In the Beginning

To many of you I am known but to some I am not.  I have been reflecting back over my life and pondering the moments that I can remember. Some bring smiles and lots of laughter others just bring quiet reflection of events that one wishes had taken another turn.  But the past is the past and is forever cemented in time.

So in the beginning when creation began for this life, I arrived as the youngest of four children, all which had been boys until till me.  Most certainly this had to have been a major event!?  Or so I have been forever reminded of by my brothers.  Being the "baby" and the only "girl" from my point of few had and still has advantages and disadvantages depending on the situation.

This wonderful event called life took place in a Midwestern state in a "Amish" style home. One can only image what that means to people looking in but to those looking out it just is normal.  Television, radio, movies etc. just where not a part of daily life.  I was not allowed to wear pants and to this day find myself gravitating to wearing skirts just because that feels "normal" to me. 

But in the depth of all these beginnings one thing that was taught to me "God is God and the Bible holds all the unquestionable truth of God!"

 
Sitka is made up of two islands connected by a bridge.  The main part of town and my house are on the main island.  The second island has the airport, hospital, Coast Guard, college and a few other things.  When I pass over the bridge everday I see this island with houses on it off to the south.  If you notice closely there is a walkway of rocks but they can only able to be used when the tide is out.

 
I noticed it also has a rope with a boat! Talk about a wet ride home!


A view of downtown Sitka from bridge.


Another view from bridge looking south.



More of downtown Sitka
 




Downtown Sitka
  

Sitka and the bridge that connects the two islands on a more clear day.
 

Another clear view!
 

2 comments:

  1. NICE pictures Angie, thanks for making them bigger for me to enjoy! It looks beautiful from another end of the earth from me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am telling you that you need to make an effort to sail up here sometime! They really don't get snow up here because it is considered a rain forrest. Lots and lots of rain though. The water is to cold to swim but the fishing is wonderful from everybody I hear from. Best months to come is May - Sept.

      Delete