Thursday, September 13, 2012

Walking in the Rain

It has now turned toward fall here in Sitka which means rain!  

Sitka, Alaska

Sitka, Alaska


 I look back and just a few months ago I was in  Arizona enjoying warmth and sunshine. Miss those nice sunny days!
 
On a weekend trip to Williams, Arizona I took the back road heading south out of town. Williams is located just south of the Grand Canyon so this trip is driving down from rim country to the desert valley floor. The views where absolutly magnificent.

As I traveled I pondered the wonderment of God's creation and thought of a poem from my eight grade liturature class taught by Mr. Brown.  He made us memorize and stand up in front of the whole class to recite it. To an eight grader it brought such horror of being in front of your peers, feeling their judgement and not being able to run unless you wanted a failing grade. It kind of reminded me of how Adam and Eve must have felt when they where in the garden right after they had just partaken of the fruit from the one tree that God had ask them not to eat from.  The first feeling and realization of their nakedness. The first introduction of sin into a perfect world. I praise the Lord that I can once again have a perfect relationship with our Father through his Son, whom took on all of my sin so I could stand clean without stain in front of my Father.



 
 

Arizona



Arizona







Arizona
 I do so thank Mr. Brown now for introducing, making me memorize, and recite some wonderful liturature.  This poem has been for ever implanted as a reminder of the way I want to live my life.
The Road Not Taken
by Robert Frost
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I marked the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference
.
Arizona





Arizona



Sitka, Alaska on rainy day! One of many!



Arizona



Arizona



Arizona

 
Arizona
 
Northern Arizona

Glad you could join me on the road less traveled by!


No comments:

Post a Comment